Looking for a romantic and healthy sweet for your Valentine? Say “I Love You” with this healthy brownie recipe.
- 1 box brownie mix, any brand
- 4 oz. non-fat plain yogurt ( a flavored one will work, too)
- Amount of water as shown on box
- Chocolate packet, if included
- Omit eggs and ½ cup oil from recipe directions on box of brownies. Instead, add yogurt to brownie mix and blend together in a mixing bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; bake about 30 minutes as directed on brownie package.
Yield: 24 brownies
Per Serving: 120 Calories, 3 g Fat
For more ideas on heart-healthy eating recipes, check out The Cooper Clinic Solution to the Diet Revolution: Step Up to the Plate (2009). My guidebook of tips makes healthy eating more enjoyable and more manageable. Connect with me online at @GeorgiaKostas and Facebook/Georgia KostasNutrition and visit:http://www.georgiakostas.com.
This nutrition information does not address individual health conditions. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian to meet specific health and dietary needs.
# # #