- 1 Knorr chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons grape seed oil (divided use)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onion, sliced into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Asian stir-fry sauce, such as Kikkoman
- Brown rice
Dissolve chicken bouillon cube in water for 30 seconds on High (100 percent power) in the microwave. Set aside.
Coat the bottom of a large skillet with 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil and heat over high heat.
Brown chicken quickly, stirring constantly until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
In the skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and all the vegetables. Cook over high heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the bouillon water, then the chicken, peanuts and seasonings. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the stir-fry sauce.
Serve over brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.
PER SERVING: Calories 348 (47% fat), Fat 18 g (3 g sat), Cholesterol 63 mg, Sodium 529 mg, Fiber 5 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Protein 30 g
For more ideas on healthy eating and quick meals, check out The Cooper Clinic Solution to the Diet Revolution: Step Up to the Plate (2009) or contact me for individual counseling. My guidebook of tips makes healthy eating more enjoyable and more manageable. Connect with me online at @GeorgiaKostas and Facebook/Georgia Kostas Nutrition and visit:http://www.georgiakostas.com.
This nutrition information does not address individual health conditions. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian to meet specific health and dietary needs.
# # #