Check out the following recipe for a healthy entree, side dish or dip. This dish has 8 colors and food types, magnifying the nutrition of just plain hummus. It makes for a nutritious light meal for just 200 calories.
Ingredients and Directions:
Layer the following in a serving bowl, starting from the bottom, up:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lettuce or spinach leaves, sliced into narrow strips
- 1/4 cup hummus, any flavor
Layer the following mix on top of the hummus:
- 6 red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons cucumbers
- 1-2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 mini orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 mini yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 olives, sliced
Enjoy as a side dish or serve as a dip with raw celery and carrot sticks.