Photo courtesy of KIND bars
Summer can be one of the easiest times to eat healthfully with so many seasonal and fresh options; however, it’s also a time when we’re on-the-go. Don’t let your summer schedule disrupt healthy habits. Stay healthy and happy all summer with this list of tasty and refreshingly nutritious snacks perfect for your next road trip, picnic, beach day or other summer adventure.
- Fruit skewers or melon balls – place a few chunks of melon or pineapple on a barbecue skewer and add your favorite berries; then grill. Or enjoy fresh.
- Homemade hummus – puree garbanzo beans with garlic powder, lemon juice, Greek yogurt and tahini (optional) for a delicious dip for fresh vegetables or whole-wheat crackers.
- KIND Bars – packed with wholesome all-natural ingredients, including whole nuts and real fruit and GMO-free, there are a wide variety of KIND Bars all offering a healthy way to satisfy sweet and/or salty cravings
- Frozen pineapple or grapes – put a bag of red grapes in the freezer for a healthy treat to grab on hot summer days. Frozen banana slices are yummy, too.
- Cherries – enjoy this summer-friendly fruit packed full of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber.
- Chilled gazpacho or cucumber soup – beat the heat and cool down with a chilled summer soup of fresh tomatoes or cucumbers.
- Cooked apples or peaches with cinnamon – forgo the pie and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on baked or simmered sliced apples or peaches for a sweet, decadent treat without the guilt.
- Homemade fruit juice popsicles – make with 100% fruit juice.
- Fresh watermelon– what is summer without refreshing watermelon? And it’s full of Vitamins A and C, potassium, and lycopene.