Start off the New Year on the right foot! Here are some tips to make each day better than the last — all year through:
1. Stay active…even two 15-minute segments daily of fast-walking, stair-climbing, etc. when you cannot get to the gym will help!
2. Keep a healthy mindset…balance richer foods with seafood, salads, soups, and veggies. Shrimp is a real winner – 10 calories each!
3. Focus on people before plates…the company you’re with should be the most treasured part of any gathering! Look for good conversations and quality catch-up time as a more fulfilling experience than what is being served.
4. Eat slowly…you will likely feel full twenty minutes after eating, no matter how much or little you eat.
5. Keep healthy foods in sight…display nutrient-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables on your kitchen counter. You’ll likely see and crave an apple, pear or avocado more than a calorie-dense food that’s packed away in your refrigerator or pantry.
For more resources visit my website at http://www.georgiakostas.com/ or like my Facebook Fan Page at Georgia Kostas Nutrition. Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year!